Sunday, September 27, 2015

Octopus planning?

If you're finding it difficult to find time to plan, try Octopus Planning.  Octopus Planning is simply, being so organized that you feel like you have 8 hands to get more done! Just set aside 8 minutes everyday to work on your planner. Those 8 minutes will keep your task list organized and at hand. You won't forget important appointments and dates. You will remember to drink your water, pick up the dry-cleaning, what's for dinner, and even have time to go to the bathroom!

I am having so much fun playing with the new planner from my shop. It is freeing up all kinds of time. Today I wanted to share my process with you so as you are planning you can go quicker and be really efficient.  First, I love to write with my favorite ultra fine-tip Sharpie black ink pen. I think committing to a date by using INK is a great thing. If I make a mistake, I use one of these darling stickers or a strip of washi-tape to cover it up and just re-write over the top or below it. Keeps the date box clean and looks like I meant to place the sticker there...no one will ever know! shhhh

I like to make notes on a the "note page" and place it at the end of each month in my binder so I can refer to the details there. If I have to, I place a corresponding number in the date planning box and then number the detailed note. This works great if you are in a meeting and don't want to fill up your to-do list with details.

Use cute stickers to highlight birthdays, meetings, and special events. I also love to use the teardrops, banners, and arrows to point to important items on my weekly schedule.

Keep Octopus Planning and in "no time" you will have "extra time".

1 comment: